Friday, June 19, 2009

11 weeks down, only 1 to go

Until I cross the finish line of my first half-marathon - 13.1 miles! As you would expect, it hasn't been easy. I've had to sacrifice hanging out with friends on several occassions. Sometimes I would sacrifice my sleep because I would wake up early just so I could actually do something that didn't involve running after work. I've even had to sacrifice that extra Friday night cocktail - opting for a glass of water instead - just so I could feel fully hydrated and prepared for my long weekend runs.

I've actually been somewhat surprised at how easily the mileage has built up over the course of my training. However, last weekend during my 11 miler, I thought my running abilities had crumbled right in front of my eyes. It was the first week that I was literally not able to squeeze a run in Monday-Friday, so I think that hurt me. I made the full 11 miles, but let me tell you, I was not a happy camper at the end. This week, I've felt much better on my runs, so hopefully my final long run before the main event goes well.

I've been keeping track of all my runs and I totaled them up - 197 miles in 11 weeks! Man, doesn't that just make you want to die? Or at least eat a cheeseburger or something.

This is how excited I will be when I cross the finish line (better go shopping to get this awesome outfit too):



In actuality, it might go a little more like this:



Any volunteers to help me cross the finish line? Tronics? Steph? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails