Monday, June 1, 2009

Sounders 'Til I Die (or maybe not, I'm not bleeding green quite yet)

It was a sea of green and blue at Qwest Field this Saturday! In all my experiences at sporting events – Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks, Huskies, even good ol’ BEHS – I’ve never seen so much team spirit! I felt like the only person in the stadium that didn’t have Sounders gear and I almost felt pressured to buy a t-shirt (but then my cousin informed me that they are like $5 at QFC with a $20 purchase – score!).

Anyway, it was super fun and our seats were awesome! Right by the entrance of where the players come in and leave, so I got to see them all up close and personal. So naturally, I have to decide which player I should be dating. While originally I was thinking Nate Jaqua because he scored the only goal and is quite a looker, I have changed my decision to Kevin Forrest because not only is he attractive, he also is from the great state of Washington, is about my age and played for UW. (Or you can decide on an option for me here.) Man, how creepy would it be if he saw this post? Kevin, if you’re reading this, please know that I am perfectly sane, have a job, would support your soccer career and am really fun. My number is: 555-1234. Talk to you soon.

Here’s one of the super creative chants from the game:
I'm Sounders 'til I die
I'm Sounders 'til I die
I know I am, I'm sure I am
I'm Sounders 'til I die

And here’s Lynnette and me, as well as a view of the game from our seats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails