Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Weekend: Part Deux

After the show on Saturday, we took an excursion to the Cheesecake Factory for some dessert. A little chocolate coconut dreamcake never hurt anyone. Then I pulled a complete 180 and changed into my Mariner's garb for the game with my cousin, Amanda!

Way back in March, Amanda asked me to go to the game with her, her boyfriend and a group of friends - which I was super excited about because we don't hang out nearly enough! She got me two tickets so I could bring someone, so I asked Aaron because I don't see him enough and he knows my cousin: Perfect! We met at Pyramid for a beer before the game and chatted for awhile. Aaron got caught in traffic on the way down, so he met up right as the game was starting.

Our seats were great, right behind Ichiro in right field. Even though Griffey didn't play, it was still a great game - we won! I was bummed that I didn't really get to chat with everyone in the group, but I did have some good conversations with Tony (the bf) and Stephanie. Loved them both! Stephanie lives in Seattle and we swapped numbers and are going to grab dinner one of these days - new friends are fun!

After the game, Aaron and I headed to BalMar in Ballard for Kimber's birthday. Not the typical bar that Aaron would frequent, but I think he liked it.

Overall, a super fun and full day! My Sunday festivities to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails