Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

At sun down tonight!

I don't really know a whole lot about the traditional Jewish Holiday, but I am definitely intrigued. (A lot of my knowledge is straight from Adam Sandler's Hanukkah songs...) Here's a little bit that I actually do know:

It consists of 8 crazy nights!

They have pretty menorahs like this one.


Richard Dreyfuss, David Arquette, Goldie Hawn, Sarah Silverman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Woody Allen, Natalie Portman and so many more celebrities are Jewish.

Hanukkah = Chanukah.

The colors are blue and white. (And I like those colors.)

You make latkes* on this fabulous holiday - it's basically a fancy name for potato pancakes.

*Latkes require peeling many, many potatoes. Potato peels clog garbage disposals. If you put enough down the garbage disposal, they explode all over your kitchen. Then your sink is clogged so you can't use the water to clean it. Then you forget to clean it and your roommate comes home the next day to a kitchen that looks like this. Please note: I've never made latkes. And I'm not Jewish. Not to name names or anything... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails