Sunday, January 31, 2010

Choose your own adventure

Birthday Edition!

Friday night, Joe and I went out for a "Choose your own adventure" adventure for his birthday.

His first choice (which he actually had to make the night before, so I could attempt to make reservations): Food?
  1. Italian
  2. Puerto Rican - so we went to La Isla in Ballard.
  3. Burgers
Drinks?
  1. Cocktails - this decision brought us to Hazlewood
  2. Brewskies
  3. H2O

Entertainment?

  1. Ping Pong
  2. Bar Olympics - We hit up the 4Bs and played pool, buck hunter, skee ball, darts and pop-a-shot. Joe won 3 of 5, so he took the gold. I'm still proud of the silver. (Everyone wins at Bar Olympics!)
  3. Skydiving (leading up to the night, I kept telling him this is what we were going to do. He wasn't having any of it.)

Dessert?

  1. Cupcakes - I had a hunch he'd pick this one, so I sneakily picked up cupcakes at Cupcake Royale during my lunch break.
  2. Ice Cream

UW Basketball Tix?

  1. vs. Arizona
  2. vs. Arizona State - So next Saturday, we're continuing the adventure fun to watch the Dawgs crush the Sun Devils.
  3. vs. USC

Then we went to the Royal Fork to cash in on his "senior citizen" discount... :)

Very fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails