Wednesday, February 3, 2010

buh-bye, alex.


I confess: I put a picture of Alex Rodriguez on my ceiling, above my bed when I was 10. My parents were gracious enough (or just not interested in the ceiling decorations of their now-guest room) and have left it as is.

Until now.

My mom just called to tell me a little story about Kamron; I'm sure one of many to come now that he and Richelle are living at home.

Here's how it played out:

"Grandpa! Can you come lay down with me for a minute?"
"Sure. What's up, Kam?"
"Well, I have good news and I have bad news."
"Ok, what's the bad news?"
"I really don't like that poster."
"No problem. I'll take it down. What's the good news?"
"The good news is that you don't have to take it down now."

On Kam's order, after 16 years, Alex will be retired... and probably quickly replaced by Alvin and the Chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails