Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rescued

I don't know about you, but this whole Chilean mine rescue has been incredible. I am completely memorized by the coverage and stories. Could you even imagine being stuck a half mile underground for over 2 months?! (If you're interested in what they ate, how they communicated or even how they stay entertained, read this article.)

It's all been a bit surreal to me and I found it hard to think past the logistics of it all, but when I saw these pictures from the Big Picture, that's when it hit home. These 33 men have family and friends eagerly waiting for them. Look at the tears of joy being reunited with their loved ones. (The little kiddo especially got to me.)

Puts things into perspective, don't you think?

(The hugger is Chile's President)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails