Monday, October 25, 2010

Why did the vampire go to the orthodontist?

To improve his bite! [insert wailing laughter here]

In honor of my dear friend, Erin, I'm going to share a few Halloween jokes to get you into the ghoulish season. Erin is a BIG fan of (corny) seasonal or holiday jokes since she works with little ones. I have many memories of her sharing Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's jokes and then quickly snickering after delivery. It makes me smile. Straubs, feel free to use these for your classroom!

Why do mummies have trouble keeping friends?
They're so wrapped up in themselves!

How do witches keep their hair in place while flying?
With scare spray!

What type of dog do vampire's like the best?
Bloodhounds!

Why didn't the skeleton go to prom?
Because he had no body to go with!

What's a vampire's favorite fast food?
A guy with very high blood pressure!

Why did the Vampire subscribe to the Wall Street Journal?
He heard it had great circulation!

What is a vampire's favorite holiday?
Fangsgiving!

Sidenote: There are a lot of vampire jokes out there. Twilight really has done a number on our thinking these days.

Double sidenote: Do you know what you're going to be for Halloween? Here and here are still some of my fave.

3 comments:

  1. Tee hee, cute. I'll share these with my youngest, she'll get a kick out of them.

    I still don't know what I'm going to be... I usually decide at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Straube jokes:

    What do you call a hot dog without anything in it?

    A hollow wiener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaayyy! I love Halloween jokes! Unfortunately, half of my first graders are learning English as a second language, so the jokes I told my class were met with blank stares and had to be explained... "Ok you guys, a ghost's favorite dessert is ice scream... (nothing...) because ghosts make people scream... (still nothing)... because ice scream sounds like ice cream... (confused look)" The funny thing is, they keep asking me to tell more Halloween jokes, even though they don't get it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails