Tuesday, November 23, 2010

365 days

Today marks our 1 year anniversary! I can't even believe it's already been an entire year. How did this year go by so quickly?! So in honor of meeting my AMAZING boyfriend one year ago today, I present you a brief timeline of our relationship. (It was kind of fun to reminisce!)

November 23: First date. Joe chooses Cupcake Royale. OMG, cupcakes? Ding, ding, ding, ladies and gentlemen, we've found a winner. Oh, and I was completely entranced by his beautiful blue eyes. Slightly shaggy hair. And flannel shirt. He was lookin' good.

(Thanksgiving break throws us a loop in date-planning)

December 8: Third date. Joe makes me Swedish pancakes. Swedish pancakes? Grandma Pete would be so proud, even though no one beats her Swedish pancakes. Sorry, Joe. And Dad, for that matter.

December 12: Fifth date. Joe suggests bar games at the Duchess. Where is he getting this insider knowledge of my favorite things - cupcakes, Brouwer's (Date #2), Swedish pancakes, then DUCHESS?

The next 2 weeks: We hang out almost daily. He's a keeper.

December 31: First holiday together. Contributes to Joe's first appearance on the blog.

January 1: Sister gets into car accident. I am sad. Joe is there for comfort; helping me decipher what the docs are saying, having an open ear and still managing to put a smile on my face. This experience also made me realize how important he was to me.

January 9: I meet his brother and sister-in-law for sushi. Nervous as hell. I keep my Tourette's to a minimum and resist the “I work the corner of Aurora and 105th” joke when they ask about my job.

January 10: Dad meets Joe and he approves. (How could he not?) Maggie and Lily also approve.

Winter: Snowshoeing, cross country skiing, Choose Your Own Adventure birthday celebration, and so much more.

March 13: Mom meets Joe after months of asking to meet him. Smashing success. The Kobester is smitten... with my boyfriend!

March 27: First vacation together to Vancouver, BC. The constant downpour didn’t even get in the way of our fun.

April 24: Opening day of fishing with Joe, Dad and Kam. Joe catches the first fish, which was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big.

June 26: Joe is waiting at mile 19 on the marathon course. Couldn’t have been a better time. He gave me a boost of energy, which helped bring me to the end.

July: Joe basically sacrificed all of his weekends for me – three weddings and some Chelanigans. But I’m sure he had fun doing so!

August 1: I finally meet his parents in Port Angeles. They approve or so he says :)

August 28: We hit the wide open road to California and Oregon for a week. We drink enough wine to, well, I don’t know, but it was good. (And the highlight of our year, as we recently discussed!)

September 14: Joe is very proud of the stuffed cow he won me at the Puyallup.

Halloween: He's the Al to my Peg (Bundy).

November 23: I sit here and still can't believe that I was lucky enough to find him. He's literally everything I've ever dreamed of. I love you so much, Joe!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails