Thursday, February 10, 2011

Showdown

For Dip-a-Palooza, we scoured the web for a winning dip. There were cheesey dips, gooey dips, chunky dips and ewww-ey dips. There are so many dip recipes out there, it was completely overwhelming! The pressure of DAP was getting to me.

So I thought to myself, what if we chose a dip from each of my cooking idols? PDubs and Martha. (I also like Giada, don't worry Carol!) Joe would bring one and I would bring the other. I present you the dip showdown.


Ding. ding. ding. [They enter the ring]

PDubs steps into the ring with one of my fave ingredients: black olives. Add artichokes, cream cheese, parm and a whole lot of other no-so-good-for-you ingredients, then serve it warm, you have one tough dip.

Enter Martha. A LOT of grilled sweet onions, cream cheese, sour cream and chives and you've got a force to be reckoned with.

Jabs are thrown. Blocks are made and then, BAM! PDubs wins. Very little contest. Though, I admit, I think if I was fair, I would have tackled a much more challenging Martha recipe, but I was going for ease.

In other DAP news, the results of the dip-making contest. Drum roll, please?


Mr. Holden Tenenbaum took the crown with a chocolate chip pecan cheesecake dip! (Delish!) The first to ever win a second time and first to beat the dessert dip curse. I think congrats are in order. It was a fight not easily won because Stephanie's queso rocked my world too (Also a PDubs recipe). I now count queso at night instead of sheep. No, really, I do.

(For full recap post, including a picture of the coveted plaque, go
here.)

pics/
Martha & PDubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails