Monday, May 9, 2011

The Carli


With my trip right around the corner, I'm starting to plan out what to pack. I want to be comfy, but cute. (Don't we all?) And since the weather is a little unpredictable - 71 degrees today in Stockholm, but 56 degrees in just a few days - how do I find the right mix?

Well, I decided that there one staple missing from my closet that would also be a critical piece for the trip: The work-appropriate rain jacket. A little "dressy" and less sporty, but still functional. I've been on the search for years, but could never quite commit to one. I wanted something more than a shell like I have, but also with a little more lining to keep me warm n' toasty. So after a quest to REI on Sunday evening, I found it. The North Face Carli jacket. You can't tell from the photo, but it's fitted and has a nice textured pattern. But they didn't have my size! Doesn't that always happen?

Lucky for me, they had one on Backcountry. Not in navy, my go-to color, so I went for black. If you didn't know already, Backcountry has free 2 day shipping and no tax. Bomb.com. Even better, I started a live chat with a Backcountry representative to triple-check on the navy (which they still didn't have) and on a whim decided to ask for a discount code and he gave me 10% off! Now my bank account is happy. My closet is happy. And Erika on vacation in unpredictable weather is happy. Perfect.

P.S. Only 5 days until Sweden!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails