Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We're back!

Hej vänner! (Hi friends!)
We've made it home from our WONDERFUL trip to Sweden. In a nutshell, it was more than I could have ever expected. The stories I've heard about Sweden for many years finally came to life - the culture, landscape, traditions and more.

I was especially moved by the warm welcoming by family. In total, we were able to meet up with about 30 relatives in my family. 30 relatives! And as Bea's granddaughter and Elisabeth's great granddaughter, we received the royal treatment. They were also very fond of my Swedish boyfriend - they said I have good taste in men :)

We've promised them all a return visit and have encouraged them to visit Seattle so we can give them the same warm welcome.

Warning: Many more Sweden posts to come! Possibly on the verge of obsessive. You have been warned.

Missed you all!
Petes

P.S. The photo is from fika at the family house in Bjärme where my great grandma was born. So, so amazing.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are back!!! Oh my gosh I can't wait for all your recaps, I am just dying to see pics! The picture you posted on fb was just stunning of you both! Everytime our pal Rick goes to Sweden it just looks so lovely and peaceful. Ok, stop reading this way too long comment and get on posting those pics! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear all about it & see pictures! Sweden is a place that has always intrigued me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails