Sunday, November 6, 2011

A letter for Amanda

Dear Amanda,
We all voted and it was unanimous: you must move back to Seattle. Admit it, you're more of a west coast kind of gal anyway. Sure, you guys bought a house and all. Oh, and you just got a new, rockstar job out yonder. (Congrats!) But I will go on record and say: it's still not as cool as your home state of Washington. Mostly because I live here, but your family and other friends have something to do with it too :)

Until you reach this revelation, I'll accept the fact that you are dillydallying around North Carolina. I'll accept an occasional phone call or message. And I will also accept your invitation to visit at some point in the future.

At any rate, it was so good to see you this weekend. I sincerely hope we don't go as long next time around!

Love,
Herk

P.S. Amanda's brother is who gave me my nickname, "Herk", years and years ago.
P.P.S. The picture is from Halloween 2K7. It's sadly the most recent photo I have with Amanda! And for the record, I was Lindsay Lohan. Remember those lovely photos the paparazzi caught of LiLo in the grey hoodie? That's what I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails