Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cali Sandwich

This California Sandwich has been making the rounds on Pinterest and every time I see it, my mouth waters a little. A bell is to Pavlov's dog as Pinterest is to Erika. The recipe is pretty basic: bread, chive spread, avocado, tomato and sprouts. (The original recipe also called for pepperjack, but I nixed it.) I followed this recipe for the chive spread, using low-fat cream cheese in an attempt to keep it healthy. For a little more substance, we paired it with a cup of tomato basil soup. You guys, it was delicious. I think this sammy has made it on the quick, easy and scrumptious list, which means that it'll likely be a regular on the weekly menu.

P.S. Do you like the red wine shadow in the first pic? I'm just keeping it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails