Monday, July 9, 2012

America's Birthday

I've said it once and I'll say it again: I love the 4th of July. I love the food, the friends and family time, the sun (most of the time), the Samish Island parade, and did I mention the sun? After all, it is the official kick-off to summer in the Northwest. So thank you, America, for throwing such a fun party, year after year.

Now look at how festive my man, Joe, is getting. 
He now fully understands the glory of the 4th of July.

The annual ladies shot at the Knutzen's - with Kami debuting the baby bump!
As always, thanks for having us Stephanie, Kathi and Greg!

Low tide.

Dad was manning the Firetruck in the parade. Kam was hiding on the other side!

The parade often features unusual animals like goats, llamas and mini-horses. 
This year, this guy got the prize for "Most Exotic Animal"

Without fail, there is always a pirate float.

Mads and me on our deck at home.

Oh, and did I mention the patriotic jello shots that Maddie made?
Yep, I'm thinking this was a start to a new tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Cuz it's really your holiday? AmErika? So they spelled it wrong

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails