Monday, August 27, 2012

Dan the Man

My dad is finally back home from "Deadliest Catch" Alaska! Ok, not really Deadliest Catch - my mom made him promise that he'd stop fishing in the dangerous areas the moment he proposed, years and years ago. In order to keep his best catch yet (my mom, hehe), he happily obliged. 

So these days, he heads up to Southeast Alaska near Ketchikan every summer to bring in hundreds of thousands of pounds of salmon. I tell ya, fish should steer clear of this fisherman - he's a force to be reckoned with.

For the second year in a row, he made it home to celebrate his birthday! The birthday boy requested a home-cooked meal and family time, which is exactly what he got. It's always so nice to have him home :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Dad! Love you.

P.S. Check out the halibut he caught - not quite as big as a few years ago, but still GIANT!


1 comment:

  1. WOW u had me there for a second - but my lordy THATS a big fish - we dream of catching those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails