Friday, October 12, 2012

Fancy Dinner

Maddie had a few people over for what she called "fancy dinner." She wasn't lying. It was FANNNN-cy. It was last meal good. It was 'I'm-going-to-fit-as-much-in-even-if-it-hurts' good. If she entered this into a cooking reality show competition, she'd win, hands down. Do you get where I'm going here?

The meal: Top sirloin steak cooked to perfection, homemade pumpkin ravioli with walnut cream sauce (I wanted to dip everything in that sauce!) and some kind of broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and goat cheese deliciousness. Top that off with a white wine sangria - pinot grigio with Julienne apples soaked overnight with a splash of prosecco. Seriously, we were all in heaven.

Makes me think - what would I make for a fancy dinner? Gnocchi with chicken? Crab cakes? Wild boar bolognese? What would you make?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! She can cook for me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peaches! So glad you enjoyed. I, for one, enjoyed your company :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails