Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Revenge Surprise

When I asked Joe what he wanted to do for his birthday, he wasn't really in the mood for anything more than a birthday dinner. In years past, we've met up with friends to celebrate, but I think he wanted to take a year off. Normal girlfriends would respect that wish, but not this one. I couldn't help but plan a little something when Tom connected with me to see if anything was in the works and mentioned that their buddy, Warren, would be interested in a "revenge" surprise by coming up to visit from Portland. (Because about a month ago, Joe and Tom surprised him in Portland for his birthday.) Who can say no to a revenge surprise?! Again, not this girlfriend.

I told Joe it would be just Tom and Gwynne, but little did he know that we'd be joined by Warren and Rachel. So we had a nice birthday dinner at Prost, drinks at the Kort Haus and dessert at home. Even if he didn't want a celebration, I think he loved it. Men, they say one thing and mean another, right? :)

P.S. I don't think I've ever posted a photo of our living room. So ta-da! I present you with our living room. In terms of decorations, it's probably one of my favorite rooms in our house. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when people don't want to celebrate birthdays, I think it's such an important event... basically celebrating the fact that someone exists! I'm glad you planned a surprise. :-) PS I love Prost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the surprise. I tried to do that for my hubby and he figured out his friends were coming. That's awesome that you were able to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove birthday revenge, that is awesome! i'm sure he did love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails